Do you provide benefits to your employees?

If you, as an employer, provide any benefit to an employee, you are required to complete a form P11D and submit it to HMRC. This form records the cash equivalent of each benefit provided during the tax year. So, if you provide medical cover, gym membership, a car, fuel etc. then you will need to make a submission.

The deadline for this to reach HMRC is 6 July, and penalties will start accruing for any returns not submitted by 19 July.

Some of these benefits provided will result in a Class 1A national insurance charge, payable by the employer. Payment of this is due by 19th July (or 22nd if payment is made electronically). 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s